Sunday, August 9, 2009

SEW Excited!!


Y'all, I am SEW excited! biggrin.gif

Last summer we changed churches and started attending a local fellowship. It was a good decision and has made it much easier for the kids to be involved with activities and etc... My dh is very involved with the boys groups, the FCF (Fronteirsmen Camping Fellowship) as well. But me, well, I don't know, since we moved here over three years ago, I've been a bit of a hermitress.

In the meantime, dh and the two oldest boys have become very active with FCF and this means that they need Period Correct Outfits. My mom is coming in one month to stay for a week and help me, which is such a blessing. She is a wonderful seamstress and I am a 'sewing wannabe'.

So, this morning I go to church and about half a dozen ladies sought me out after services, hugging my neck, telling me my dress was pretty, asking how I was, etc... It felt very nice, I have to tell you. As the chatting went on I mentioned to them that I was trying to get my supplies for the FCF clothing and guess what they said???!!

They said, "Stephanie, why don't you join our Tuesday night sewing club?"

I said, "Well, I don't know how to sew really, I bought a machine, but I don't really know what to do with it."

And they said, "Bring it, bring your manual and we'll teach you!"

I said, "Do you know how to do these FCF clothes? Could I bring my material and let you look at it?"

They said, "Sure! We just made the Pastor's outfit for him and we'll be glad to help you figure it out."

I am telling you, I am SEW excited!! I will be learning a skill, getting out of the house, making progress on this FCF project and making some real life, in my community, friends! This is a major deal for me! smile.gif

They meet every Tuesday evening plus the last Sat of the month for an all day sewing/craft day. They do crochet, tatting, sewing, scrapbooking, etc... Doesn't it sound wonderful?? What a blessing! God is so good to me!

Just had to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment