Thursday, January 29, 2009

Detergent Recipes

Today I'm making another batch of Laundry Detergent. It's really simple, you control added fragrances and can save a bunch of money. I had fallen back into buying the economy stuff at the Wholesale Club again, bunch lately I'm just feeling all itchy. Plus, I've really tightened our belt when it comes to spending, so, once again, I'm grating soap and making up a batch of Homemade Laundry Detergent.

There are lots of varied recipes, some for liquid (kind of a gel) and some for dry/powder types. Here's a good site that list a whole slew of variations and tips.

http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/

I'm making the liquid/gel recipe #3 and tripling it (xl family=xl laundry)

*******************************

Then I'm going to try my hand at some more Dishwasher Detergent. This hasn't worked out so well for me in the past. We seemed to struggle with a powdery film on the dishes...and ended up hand rinsing the dishes which was the pits. So, I've come across this page that tells you what you can try to fix that problem.

http://tipnut.com/homemade-dishwasher-detergent-recipes/

I use recipe #1 and I'm going to try to use vinegar in the rinse cycle like it suggested. So, we shall see.

*******************************

This is a very simple way to save a load of money, especially if you keep those washers (clothes and dishes) whirring constantly like me!

No comments:

Post a Comment